VA loans, guaranteed by the Veterans Administration, is the preferred loan program for families of active duty military members and veterans of the armed forces. Undoubtingly, one of the main reasons for its popularity is due to its 100% financing without the need for costly mortgage insurance, unlike other home loan programs. Many times, veterans are able to buy a home with a VA Home Loan and literally not pay a dime out of pocket.
Benefits of VA Loans:
- 100% financing
- No monthly mortgage insurance
- There are limitations on closing cost paid by a veteran
- VA Loans are assumable, subject to VA approval of the assumer's credit
- Fixed rate options for both 30 and 15 years
- The seller can pay all closing cost and/or pre-paid items and even pay down your debt to help lower your debt-to-income ratio
- Flexible debt-to-income ratios
- Less than perfect credit accepted - FICO scores as low as 500 accepted
- Incredibly competitive mortgage rates
VA Documentation Needed:
The three specific pieces of documentation a lender will need to determine your eligibility is a DD214 for discharged veterans, a statement of service for active military personnel, and a certificate of eligibility (COE) to determine you have VA entitlement. Don't know where, or how, to get your certificate of eligibility? That is ok. We are here to help. Contact us and we will walk you through the process and even help you get your COE.
Updated on 2019-03-07T11:57:25-05:00, by .